Here's where you'll find information to our most frequently asked questions.
We aim to update continuously with new or updated info!
With our passion for merging design, branding, & functionality together, Bklyn Custom Designs is capable of helping Solopreneurs shape their online persona. Our dedication to the process, top quality, and attention to details is our way of ensuring that we give our best to every project we work on.
Your brand encompasses your mission, philosophy, logo, company name, and business objectives; all to translate the vision you have for your company to the public.
Your brand has been shared with consumers for years and has become the instant success you had hoped. Unfortunately, times have changed, you have merged with another business, your objectives for the company have changed, or your brand seems to have lost some of its spunk. Revitalizing your brand can help reconnect your company and/or share your new vision with customers.
Do you trust businesses without a website when seeking solutions to your own needs? Now consider your potential clients looking to work with you.
Websites can be your business's 24/7 advertisement platform. Whether you have no employees or lead a crew of many; your website can help speak volumes for you and your business with little effort on your part.
Clicks Should Equal Profits:
Present the best to your customers and find out how your online business can thrive with increased profits. We'll help you achieve this!
Yes, but only for project's $1500 or less.
Not all projects will allow for a payment plan and there is a mandatory 50% deposit due immediately before the start of any project over $1500.
The deposit is non-refundable because it books time for your project to be scheduled and the logistics planned out. Time cannot be refunded just as the deposit. Once the project is completed and approved, the balance payment is due before the release of any project to clients.
• Graphic design packages and video promo packages
• Website Development & Design packages and Branding packages.
Please note that the deposit is non-refundable. Should the project be canceled by either party's doing, all monies paid in advance toward future changes will be returned if no work has started on the project. For example, if the client chooses not to participate in milestone payments and pays in full, monies may be returned minus the deposit and 15% for fees.
Should the project be completed and the are new updates requested by the client, a new Scope of Work Agreement and Project Consultation must be made and a new 50% deposit* submitted. This is a new project as the previous has been delivered and approved. NO EXCEPTIONS.
*Please note non-refundable deposits may range anywhere between $589 and up depending on project scope.
We prefer and accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover via PayPal and Stripe. We also accept electronic payments via Chase Zelle as a last resort.
*However, these payment options do not initiate your project until your payment clears. They also will not allow your project to continue unless each payment clears.
Invoices are due upon receipt, payments are preferred via PayPal, Stripe, or Chase Zelle payments; but do not initiate project until cleared.
NSFs (Insufficient Funds)/Returned electronic payments incur a $39 fee; your project will be halted until the NSF fee plus full project costs are received via PayPal, Chase Zelle.
Any expenses, out of pocket court or arbitration costs or otherwise, associated with canceled, agreed to, or unpaid projects requiring civil processing between “the client” and “the entity” will be billed to the expense of “the client”.
If final processes have begun on any website, graphic design or branding project, coaching sessions, or social media project, all monies paid will be retained to settle any outstanding services rendered plus any non-refundable deposits, prior to any tentative refund.
Yes. An agreement (whether Scope of Work via eMail or PayPal invoice with the project details listed, or a formal Bklyn Custom Designs annual agreement in full) is required on all projects designed by this entity. Also, it is required that the client return a “signed” (electronic/hardcopy) agreement to the entity as all agreements state.
* You are agreeing to, & accepting all terms when remitting a nonrefundable deposit or payment to “the entity”, &/or affixing your signature below, to retain the exclusive Branding, Graphic Design, Website Development or Design/Blog/Upgrading service of “the entity” for your Brand to complete this renewal/agreement as of 2016.
This means that once “the client” remits a deposit or payment to “the entity”, the agreement terms submitted (either via eMail, Paypal invoice or fully completed annual agreement) are agreed to and are therefore binding.
“The Client” can request an annual contract review @ the 6th mo to assess usability/coverage of updating services; Cancellation of updating services will require a 7th-month payment to opt out additional updates require a new annual agreement at new rates or at the “as needed” current per month rate:
• Usage, ownership, and designed artwork are the product & possession of “the entity” (as in Bklyn Custom Designs) until finalized & authorized by release notification to the client
• Bklyn Custom Designs DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE designing artwork files (noted as “raw” editable files) because these are my personal customized and or “native” files which would allow an individual to either alter your logo or replicate my work efforts. My work will not and shall not be given away unless previously discussed with and approved by me in written form. Nonnegotiable and I will entertain frivolously. Releasing your .eps file to a vendor to replicate a design for you is permitted.
• You agree that any materials you provide for this project are either owned by yourself, your entity, or you have acquired permission to use it by its’ author/creator.
• All rights of “the entity” are reserved as a registered business with the State of North Carolina & the IRS, implied copyright laws apply. All created brand/web presence related items are assumed as the intended design use for information and as a support to the client. Any such solicitation for illegal profit is a violation of this renewal/agreement and immediately releases “the entity” from all legalities associated with such activities.
• It is understood that it is the intent of “the entity” to place upon most designs, in an inconspicuous manner, a small notation of “the entity”. It is also understood that it is the intent of “the entity” to utilize the designs for educational purposes, publication to “the entity’s” website, marketing materials, portfolio, and to generate additional clientele for “the entity”. Removal of said inconspicuous notation incurs a small fee based on project size.
• Fonts will NOT be purchased for clients unless payment for said fonts is provided by client. Bklyn Custom Designs will give the names and possible purchase locations to all fonts used for projects and logos to client.
An exclusive custom design of 1-2 drafts may be provided using professional design skills and your vision direction, for required “eMail revision request or approval” according to your systems’ interpretation of imagery, color approval, print reproduction, and/or web distribution.
If neither draft is approved or revisable, after verbally revisiting the vision direction, only 1 additional draft will be designed and provided for the revision process.
Only 2 revisions are allowed to an approved initial draft, before revision fees ranging $39 – $69+ are implemented.
• Hosting/Domain/eMail purchases are non-negotiable, however when purchased with Bklyn Custom Designs thru BCD Clients Domains and more, they are annually invoiced for renewal 30 days prior to expiration & can be purchased for multiple years during any renewal period when requested.
• Transfers to BCD Clients Domains and more, are renewed annually according to current domain terms. In utilizing BCD Clients Domains and more, domain, eMail &/or hosting services, “the entity” will not be held liable for unfortunates such as “mainframe crash”, “corporation dissolution”, etc., or matters solely involving the web hosting entity. All materials are backed up & kept for upload to another hosting entity at “the clients” financial expense.
With no regret, we inform you that we do not work with companies dealing in harmful, unlawful, or questionable material. If it is found that your material is indeed or becomes questionable in nature, you will find that future services with this “entity” will be denied, as well as any link associated with this website, entity, etc will become non-existent.
If you have a question not listed here, please submit that question (I may include it), call or email me and I will definitely proceed to supply an answer!
Yes. A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required on all projects ranging from $1500 and up.
For projects that do not meet the deposit requirements, those payments are due in full.
All design projects considered for partnership with Bklyn Custom Designs and are based on your specific project needs, as well as the special pricing listed on the website in corresponding areas per item. I also package items which may reduce the total cost of your project. We do not charge by the hour.
We charge by the project.
We have packages for projects that can be found here on our site and we also customize your packages but these are charged according to customization.
No. Due to the nature of our work, refunds are not offered based on the fulfillment of specific terms stated in the agreement as follows…
• “Client” can request an annual agreement review @ the 6th-month to assess usability/coverage of updating services; Cancellation of an annual agreement will require a 7th-month payment to opt out; additional updates require a new annual agreement at any new rates or at the “as needed” current per month rate
• Non-payment on all invoiced projects 30 days after invoicing will increase $79. Project termination occurs @ 32 days (Future services may be denied)
• Written cancellation by “the entity” will be allowed 30 days for “the client” to locate new web manager; no charge for “the entity” to transfer web files, domain(s), etc. to incoming entity, and only approved finalized artwork files are released.
• Written cancellation by “the client” will be refunded 0% prior to 7th month on annual agreement, will be allowed 30 days to locate new web manager.
• Automatic cancellation within 1 mon by “default” due to 30 days non-activity 0% refunded, will grace 2 days to supply all requested content to complete the site build.
Yes. All websites designed by Bklyn Custom Designs include light, basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as on-page keyword use, optimized header tags, use of meta tags, on-page descriptions, in-page links to sites within your network, social media platform linking, and site wide keywords and descriptions.
If a client requires additional SEO, Traffic Increasing measures, or Social Media Connective options, we are more than happy to consider advanced options or even direct you toward options outside of our network whereby the pricing would be strictly between “the client” and that vendor.
Sure thing! However, there is a set, non-negotiable rate of $175. This consultation fee will be applied to all projects booked with Bklyn Custom Designs during the consultation call only. These consultations will happen through Zoom video or phone conference.
Would you like to book your consultation today? Set up your appointment here: Book My 1-on-1!
Yes, most definitely! If that is your ultimate desire and request.
We find that building websites on platforms such as WordPress to be more USER-FRIENDLY than on any other platforms because this allows the client to have more control over daily updates and small changes if they have time and choose to do so. This also allows the client to completely own their own content & decide how it's displayed to the world.
Regardless of when you choose to update your website yourself, additional training beyond the 3 months included, can be purchased. Please call for more information on the WordPress Support Training.
Optimizing your website allows visitors to move around the site swiftly and with ease. Less frustrated customers viewing your site leads to potential increases in your sales and possible new leads for your business.
Responsive websites have a fluid build that allows various devices to access the website and content on the website with little loss of visibility. These templates are designed to look optimal on various devices.
Mobile websites are specifically created as minimized websites that are built only for mobile devices (i.e. smartphones & tablets). Unlike responsive websites, mobile sites are usually not meant to be viewed on desktop or laptop computers and require separate web template development.
The concept of presenting quality content that allows Internet search engines to locate and identify information unique to your website and favorable to cataloging thus making your web content searchable. SEO can be accomplished through organic and free measures and helps to increase a website's Internet visibility rankings.
The form of marketing a website through SEO and paid advertising measures. Some options for paid advertising include Google AdWords, which is a type of Pay Per Click (PPC) program.
After spending so much time on your website, wouldn't you would like to make sure that it looks optimal on default browsers and standard devices? With the introduction of so many new ways to surf the Internet, consumers are presented with various ways to research and contact businesses. Bklyn Custom Designs is here to help!
Still have questions?